I agree with you Adam. It's just a matter of time that all that you
describe will happen. As far as the advertising platform, maybe even
open-source, that I mentioned earlier about in this post, I have
discovered that it is possible using Adobe Flex in tandem with Adobe
LiveCycle. Imagine if there's an advertising platform out there, much
like Google AdWords but for video, that allows independednt video
producers to log-in to their accounts and choose what video ads are
suitable for their show. On the other end, the advertising companies
create their profiles on this platform and submit their 5-10 second
video adds (also with ability to let the independent producers to
create the ads for them). So the platform hosts the video ads and
connects the advertisers with the independent producers. The
producers get the Flash player with capabilities to display URL
hotspots (product placement) and other features I mentioned, like RSS
video ad insertion into episodes. Of course the platform also has to
CDN host the footage of episodes. It seems that the most ideal
company to come up with something like this is Blip. But they are
sleeping. They seem to only want to connect the independent producers
with pre/mid/post-roll video ads only if the episode reaches a
certain number of views.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks

Renat

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "influxxmedia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Renat Zarbailov" <innomind@>
wrote:

> > URL hotspots in the video is also essential for product placement
for
> > new tab opening when the end-user clicks on it.
> >
> > What are your thoughts on this?
> >
> This will be the future of web video for sure. Adobe Media Player
should make this a more
> viable option with an interactive Flash layer over H264 video.
Enhanced podcasts come
> close to this in some ways, but I haven't seen any that use that
technology for 'traditional'
> advertising. I'm sure the minds of advertisers have to be
changed/convinced that web
> video is worthwhile avenue for advertising on. As has been
mentioned already it comes
> down to ROI for them. I think old school ad mentality dictates that
broad advertising to a
> vast audience in the hope that a small percentage of those viewers
react to the ad.

> The new school will be slivercasting to highly targeted niche
audiences, that will obviously
> be much much smaller. Once advertisers can be convinced that bigger
is not necessarily
> better it should really beneftit a web video show with a small but
loyal niche audience.
> We're seeing it with Ask A Ninja a little bit (maybe others I'm not
aware of) but those
> eyeballs are still valuable. The Beer School podcast for instance.
You know right there what