>From Jones:

> OK. This is an ostensible (apples-to-oranges) COP of over 3.
>
> There is room for improvement. He ran out of the best LEDs
> (white ultra-brites) as you can see in the video, and had to
> substitute some blues. A new shipment of whites is possibly
> already there.
>
> The solar collector you saw in the video was possibly slightly
> less efficient than 30%. However there are collectors which are
> slightly more than 30% and will very likely self-power the unit,
> even with no improvement.

This is an embarrassing question to admit here but why is the solar
collector arrangement necessary to prove that the Stiffler circuit is
truly self powered? I guess I'm confused about the apples-to-oranges
explanation, particularly since according to the apples-to-oranges
scenario the device is currently running at a COP of over 3.

What is the "apple" part and what is the "orange" part?

I thought there was no external power source (that we know of in the
prosaic sense) connected to the circuit.

Is a battery still being used to manage a specific function in the
current Stiffler layout?

Regards,
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com