Robin van Spaandonk wrote:

> We have nothing about Mills claims, even though I
> >suppose they are cold fusion. This is not because I have anything
> >thing against Mills' work. It is because people come to LENR-CANR to
> >learn about metal-lattice based cold fusion -- the Fleischmann Pons
> >effect, or whatever you want to call it.
>
> I have suspected this bias for some time, and I suspect the influence is
> primarily that of Dr. Storms. Personally, I think that restricting CF
> (general
> term) to metal lattices may be too severe a restriction. Note that in at
> least
> one of Dr. Oriani's papers he reports ionizing radiation emitted from the
> vapor
> above a CF cell.

Bias is too strong a word. It is more a case of neat-freak programmer (me)
who likes to keep things in neat categories. I meant what I said: people
come to LENR-CANR looking for one thing, and I don't want them to find much
stuff that doesn't seem to fit. That annoys me when I go to other
specialized websites.

The beauty of the Internet is that anyone can find Mills in an instant, so
they don't need me.

A few unclassifiable odds things such as Oriani or Vysotskii will not bother
readers. Think of it this way. You go to the Freer Gallery to say Oriental
art. It is chock full of magnificent ancient paintings and sculptures from
China and Japan. There are also a few paintings by Whistler interspersed
among them -- also masterpieces. They don't bother the viewer even though
they are "off topic" as it were, because Whistler was influenced by the
Japanese and his work looks wonderful in juxtaposition with it, and there
are only a few paintings (plus one dreadful kitchy room full of his stuff
that he designed which you should avoid). That's fine, but if they started
cramming in pop-art, op-art or Renaissance Italian art it would be
exasperating. You go across the Mall to see that.

I don't recall ever discussing this with Ed. I also do not recall Mills or
anyone else in his team submitting a paper to LENR-CANR, although I met with
them at MIT and at other time. At MIT I got the distinct impression they
considered their gigantic bulk Ni experiments to be a form of cold fusion,
and I expect most cold fusion researchers think so. I have thought about
uploading their MIT slides but I can't find any of the authors to ask
permission. (And as you have seen, some authors do go ape shit when you
upload without permission!)