On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 2:53 AM, Mark Iverson <zeropo...@charter.net> wrote:

>Don't you get any enjoyment from creative, out-of-the-box thinking?

You're right. I shouldn't have weighed in on this subject, but I couldn't
resist when you said:

"With all the sophistication and accuracy to umpteen decimal places in
atomic physics/QM, how come we

can't explain WHY they're perpendicular! "

because the people who make calculations to the umpteenth decimal place use
mathematics, and they would argue that they can explain why the fields are
perpendicular using the same mathematics, based on some very fundamental
principles. So the fact that *they* make accurate calculations, and that
there is no explanation for perpendicular fields that satisfies *you* is not
really a conundrum.