David Roberson <dlrober...@aol.com> wrote:

> It is clear to me that Rossi does not want it to be easy to determine.
> Everyone needs to understand that.  He is using misdirection to his
> advantage.

I believe he does use misdirection, but in this case I'm pretty sure he
just did not want the thing to get too hot. Even as late as October 6 I
think it was he was having problems with control. I say that because the
machine refused to turn on. You can see in the data that it starts to
produce heat and then abruptly stops, up to 280 min. It works like a cranky
internal combustion engine that keeps stalling.

During the 18 hour test in February, the machine clearly went out of
control. If I had something like that I would not run it as hot as it can
go. In this case, running with only one cell enabled produces a clear
signal. I do not see any advantage to running all three, if the purpose is
to do a convincing demonstration. People were not convinced by 8 kW will
not be convinced by 24 kW, or 24 MW for that matter.

The duration was also long enough to satisfy any rational demand for proof.
Mary Yugo and others keep saying the run was too short even though it was
24 times longer than anyone needs to be sure the effect is real. She sets
arbitrary goals, and then whenever Rossi meets one of those goals, she sets
another. There is no technical justification for demanding higher power or
a longer run. Both are far, far beyond what anyone else has accomplished,
and far beyond any rational doubt. There is not the slightest chance the
self-sustaining event can be explained with stored heat or chemistry.

I suppose if Yugo had watched Wilbur Wright's flight on Sept. 9, 1908
lasting 57 minutes, 31 seconds, she would have said: "I will not believe he
can really fly until he goes for an hour!!!" Then, later that day when he
flew for 1 hour 2 minutes, she would say: "I will not believe it until he
flies for TWO HOURS."