On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Terry Blanton <hohlr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>   We can use Rossi's invention to gather the heat of the
> sun during the day and release it at night!

Sorry, nature has beat Rossi to it. That already happens. The ground and
water absorb heat in the day and release it at night. If that didn't happen
we would surely freeze at night.

You can ridicule the notion of storing energy if you like. (We have also
suggested chemical reactions.) But the fact remains that he puts a lot of
energy in during the startup phase. If he can't get more out than he puts
in, that's a pretty useless device, magical energy storage or not. In fact
if he can't get 4 or 5 times more thermal out than electrical in, then it's
no better than a heat pump. No one is claiming heat pumps are going to save
the world.