Hi Christoph,

I guess we should move this discussion to d...@marketing, thus setting Reply-to header. :)

Christoph Noack wrote on 2010-01-25 23.19:

Exactly. One giant planet with all topics and - for visitors with
different needs - some sub-sets which cover one topic, e.g. marketing or
UX. That would (hopefully) reduce the effort for maintaining the
planets. Currently this would be http://planet.services.openoffice.org

Then, the main open point would still be the availability of blogs for
community members. But, that is something you already started to address
- if I remember correctly.

We also discussed this issue yesterday in the marketing call and also agreed that the current marketing blog in its form is neither representative nor attracting, and that in lack of other options, archiving and closing it would be the best choice.

IIRC it was Alexandro who raised a good idea: Instead of simply having a planet, which has some drawbacks in usability (does this keyword trigger something inside you? ;-)) we could rather set up a "real" blog which collects OOo-related RSS feeds from other blogs, but also gives space to people without a blog to host their own content. I'm no expert, but if this is possible, it would be the ideal combination. Those who have own blogs simply commit to them, others can use our blog, and we don't give up comfort of real blogs compared to planets.

Just a thought :-)

Florian