We can also try out microblogging, like the site I've set up and been testing
at http://shareopenoffice.org/. If you have a TypePad account, you can sign in
to this site with it right away.

(Not that this would replace your good suggestion, Florian, but it could make a
handy supplement to it.)

-Ben

On Jan 26, 2010, at 3:53 AM, Florian Effenberger wrote:

> Hi Christoph,
>
> I guess we should move this discussion to d...@marketing, thus setting
> Reply-to header. :)
>
> Christoph Noack wrote on 2010-01-25 23.19:
>
>> Exactly. One giant planet with all topics and - for visitors with
>> different needs - some sub-sets which cover one topic, e.g. marketing or
>> UX. That would (hopefully) reduce the effort for maintaining the
>> planets. Currently this would be http://planet.services.openoffice.org
>>
>> Then, the main open point would still be the availability of blogs for
>> community members. But, that is something you already started to address
>> - if I remember correctly.
>
> We also discussed this issue yesterday in the marketing call and also agreed
> that the current marketing blog in its form is neither representative nor
> attracting, and that in lack of other options, archiving and closing it would
> be the best choice.
>
> IIRC it was Alexandro who raised a good idea: Instead of simply having a
> planet, which has some drawbacks in usability (does this keyword trigger
> something inside you? ;-)) we could rather set up a "real" blog which
> collects OOo-related RSS feeds from other blogs, but also gives space to
> people without a blog to host their own content. I'm no expert, but if this
> is possible, it would be the ideal combination. Those who have own blogs
> simply commit to them, others can use our blog, and we don't give up comfort
> of real blogs compared to planets.
>
> Just a thought :-)
>
> Florian

Benjamin Horst