Dear Gilberto

I really liked your letter below. Truly one can say reading this that the
Spirit of God working through your knowledge of the Islamic Dispensation has
warmed your soul [Nafs] your spirit [Ruh.] and your mind ['aql]

http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist/m43042.html

We are learning together so to speak...

[I am sorry re the Hand of God being chained being misunderstood. The Hand
of God is operating even as we speak through His guidance ...]

Now as to your points below

****Khazeh:
> But I am a bit puzzled re your logic. In other words I am wondering
> what  exactly your point is. Is the fact that people miss the
> significance of an  Event [be it the significance of their won soul or li
fe] or the Great Significant Event of the Eschatology [ie the Coming of the
 Bab and  Baha'u'llah] a point that would weaken the challenge of the Qur'án
nic verses?

Gilberto:
No. I'm not saying that people are missing the significance of an
event. I'm saying that if the verse means what you seem to think it
means, then the passage has actually not been significant to most of
the people who have read it through the centuries.   [POINT NUMBER ONE]
Because most of
the people who have been reading that passage were never even in a
position to see the Bab or Baháu'lláh.

Re this point Number One it is not the physical seeing it is the seeing with
love with acceptance with inner submission to the will of God.

Pilate saw Jesus. In fact there is a passage in John where the soldiers
bring Him and say **ECCE HOMO** Behold the Man

And similarly in Mecca they said what manner of man is this who eats food

****025.005
YUSUFALI: And they say: "Tales of the ancients, which he has caused to be
written: and they are dictated before him morning and evening."
PICKTHAL: And they say: Fables of the men of old which he hath had written
down so that they are dictated to him morn and evening.
SHAKIR: And they say: The stories of the ancients-- he has got them
written-- so these are read out to him morning and evening.

025.006
YUSUFALI: Say: "The (Qur'an) was sent down by Him who knows the mystery
(that is) in the heavens and the earth: verily He is Oft-Forgiving, Most
Merciful."
025.007
YUSUFALI: And they say: "What sort of a messenger is this, who eats food,
and walks through the streets? Why has not an angel been sent down to him to
give admonition with him? ...
025.020
YUSUFALI: And the messengers whom We sent before thee were all (men) who ate
food and walked through the streets: We have made some of you as a trial for
others: will ye have patience? for Allah is One Who sees (all things).

Re your SECOND POINT
[32.4] Allah is He Who created the heavens and the earth and what is
between them in six periods, and He mounted the throne (of authority);
you have not besides Him any guardian or any intercessor, will you not
then mind?
[32.5] He regulates the affair from the heaven to the earth; then
shall it ascend to Him in a day the measure of which is a thousand
years of what you count.

[SECOND POINT]What about that passage lets you know that the dispensation of
Muhammad ends after 1000 years or that the 1000 year period should
start when the imamate ends? The passage seems to be talking about
Allah. It seems like your interpretation might be suggesting that
there is a time when Allah no longer "regulates the affair from heaven
to the earth" and it seems weird to think something like that might be
the case.

My reply re this second point.

On the broader context of the Divine Providence of course I agree with you
and greatly ADMIRE  your loving reference to the same Verse and Text.

But there is a subtler more nuanced reference here.

The Affair in the verse is AMR in the Arabic
032.005
SHAKIR: He regulates the AFFAIR [al-AMR] from the heaven to the earth; then
shall it ascend to Him in a day the measure of which is a thousand years of
what you count.
*****
32:5. Yudabbiru AL-AMRA mina alssama-i ila al-ardi thumma yaAAruju ilayhi
fee yawmin kana miqdaruhu alfa sanatin mimma taAAuddoona****

Because of a considerable amount of background in my humble possession re
this AMR this AMR is read as the AMR of God. The Cause of God. The Faith of
God.

This AMR too in its Essence is One
[sanctified above plurality]
054.050
YUSUFALI: And Our Command is but a single (Act),- like the twinkling of an
eye.
PICKTHAL: And Our commandment is but one (commandment), as the twinkling of
an eye.
SHAKIR: And Our command is but one, as the twinkling of an eye.

*****These Countenances are the recipients of the Divine Command, and the
Day Springs of His Revelation.  This Revelation is exalted above the veils
of plurality and the exigencies of number.  Thus He saith:  "Our Cause is
but One." Inasmuch as the Cause is one and the same, the Exponents thereof
also must needs be one and the same. Likewise, the Imams of the Muhammadan
Faith, those lamps of certitude, have said:  "Muhammad is our first,
Muhammad is our last, Muhammad our all."
        (Baha'u'llah:  Gleanings, Page: 51)***

You also said:
****Gilberto
Gilberto:
I agree. As a Sunni I'm supposed to try to cultivate a love for Ahl
al-Bayt. That doesn't mean that Shi'is are right automatically.

There is an interesting website:

http://www.geocities.com/~abdulwahid/ahlibayt/

Which actually looks at ahl al-bayt from a Sunni perspective.

Gilberto:
The family of the prophet certainly didn't die out with the
disappearance of the 12th imam. Muhammad (saaws) has many other
descendants throughout Muslim history up to the present day, including
many awliya among the Sunni Muslims, people like Abdul Qaadir Jilani
for instance, who founded the Qaadiri Sufi order....Gilberto

Re this Third Point many of the Qaadiriyya Sufi order came to love and
respect Baha'u'llah...It is a long story but very enthralling and thrilling

With loving gratitude for your patience khazeh

Khazeh,
> I am wondering...
>
> In one of your letters you mentioned kindly about your Christian
background
.
> Was not the Event of Christ's Coming a Judgement in a sense for His people
e?

Gilberto:
No not all his people. (assuming a "Bahai" interpretation)1 Because
not everyone will be alive to see it.

> Just as His Return in the Reality of Baha'u'llah a Judgement for all?

Gilberto:
Even from a Bahai perspective (so I gather, but correct me if I'm
wrong) its only a judgement for the people who witnessed it.

Khazeh:
> You also wrote dear Gilberto that
>
> I'm not a Shia and even if I was I think it is highly unusual to say
> that the dispensation of Muhammad actually started a couple of
> centuries after Muhammad passed. If the Babi dispensation started when
> the Bab made his declaration, it makes a lot more sense to say that the
> dispensation of Muhammad at least started during his lifetime (when he
> was born, when the Quran first started coming down, at the start of
> the Hejra, or maybe when the verse about "I have perfected for you
> your religion" came down). It seems bizarre to say the dispensation of
> Muhammad didn't start until the disappearance of the last imam.

Khazeh:
> Dear Gilberto

> Lest there be a misunderstanding I did not say that the Dispensation of
> Muhammad [upon Him be all peace all salutation] started ! in 260 AH.
> I said or meant to say that the Alfa Sanah [the thousand year period
> mentioned in the S?32: verse 5 and the Surah 22:47] started in the
year 260 AH.

Dear Khazeh, so let's look at the passage with a little more context.