In a message dated 1/1/2005 3:39:31 PM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Gilberto:
The point isn't that it is an argument against more manifestations (or
more precisely the non-finality of prophethood.). The point is that it
is another way to understand the Quranic statements which suggest the
word(s) of God never end. (i.e. God's creative word keeps being
spoken, the world is constantly recreated).
IT certainly is. I agree. Bahai's sometimes get set on a single interpretation when we are told over and over that there are many interpretations to scripture and all must be considered and amalgamated to begin to grasp their significance. Bahai's can sometimes be confusing to new comers to the faith. We can say "Yes", Muhammed was the alpha and the omega  the beginning and the end, the Seal and say at the same time that Revelation is progressive and another Manifestation Apostle of God will still come down the pike in God's own time because "Seal" means authorizer, warranotr, guarantor, authenticater, and validater at the same time. The meaning of God's utterance is not to be grasped at the first, "I see" that a believer utters. There will be lots of "Oh, that too, I guesses" to follow.

Regards,

Scott