A dealer, knowledgeable audiophile, and friend of mine swears by the
things.  Then again, he swears by de-magnetizing CD's and LPs...and he
bevels and then marks black the edges of all his CDs.  I can't tell one
iota of difference.  Psychology...

It would almost be worth it to buy one of the things, cut it open, and
see what's going on.  I've heard, but I cannot confirm, that it's just
a simple resistor.  Who knows why.

As usual, I really like and appreciate your posts.

--
highdudgeon

SB3->Lavry DA10->Nuforce 9.02s->Harbeth Monitor 30s/Skylan stands.
Simple and satisfying.  In a larger room, I would move back to larger
speakers, subs, and probably RCS.  My larger speakers were, natch,
Harbeth Monitor 40s with dual ACI Force subwoofers, a Bel Canto line
stage (wonderful device) a Rane EQ system, and measurement gear
including calibrated mics, a Presonus audio device, measurement
software for the Mac, etc.  It's nice being back to simple.