> Michael wrote:
> 4 years (and 4 more to go) of one man can not be the end all and be all
> blame for the decline of the country.
> 

2 things there:

(1.) I used to think that, but I'm not so sure any more.  Mr. Bush has
the US involved in a quagmire, moneysuck war while spending like a
drunken AirForce reserve dude who's skipped his weekend; he has put
the nation in debt for a loooonnnggg time.  Possible in a position
that could take so long to dig out that we don't.

Not that I'm anti-Reagan, but Mr. Reagan's spending binge took 2
decades to dig out of and the largest economic boom in history.  I
wonder how we'll pay for Mr. Bush's loose wallet?


(2.) Mr. Bush's election and re-election may be a symptom of the
decline of America - the death of the American Dream or, more
accurately, the proof that the traditional American Dream is no longer
realistic.  America seems to be deluded that it's so great it can
spend anything, and do anything, and it will always remain on top. 
This is very similar to Great Britain at the beginning of the 20th
century.  The 21st century may see the fall of America and the rise of
the EU.  (China will take that long to get its house in order.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Find out how CFTicket can increase your company's customer support 
efficiency by 100%
http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=49

Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:5:144514
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/5
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:5
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to