Jerry Johnson wrote:
> Well, there is affirmative action and there is Affirmative Action.
> 
> I said that Affirmative Action is preference based on race or gender. I said 
> that preference based on race or gender is racism. I did not say that 
> Affirmative Action or racism is necessarily wrong.
> 
> affirmative action
> n. A policy or a program that seeks to redress past discrimination through 
> active measures to ensure equal opportunity, as in education and employment.
> 
> This would include everything from race-based quotas to allowing everyone on 
> the baseball team a turn at bat.
> 
> Affirmative Action
> A policy to enforce quotas or admission/hiring preferences based on race or 
> gender.
> 

Using either of those definitions, would women be considered minorities?



-- 
2004 - The year $184M couldn't buy a pennant.

Ron Artest: Extremely flawed, very accidental, semi-martyr


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Protect your mail server with built in anti-virus protection. It's not only 
good for you, it's good for everybody.
http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=39

Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:5:144520
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/5
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:5
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to