I like the concept of the floating squares, though, as-is, they seem a bit
like confetti. I think the Slack implementation works really well because,
with the recognizable logos, it still feels relevant to Slack.

An idea: What if they were a different shape? Something a bit more relevant
to Airflow?

I recently designed an icon — attached — to represent the Airflow UI and I
used these little pill-shaped icons to represent DAGs. Maybe something like
this could work? Using the various Airflow colors?