Hi all,

> Stage 2 - add journalling file system and issue an iso.
>
> [journaling filesystem]
> This probably means a move to 2.4.x kernel and ext3.  Lots of discussion
> here but no one with the technical expertise inside the devinfo community
> or Mitel has stepped forward to lead this and I do not think I have the
> expertise to lead this myself.  Outside the devinfo/Mitel community (read
> competitors) there is a good deal of interest however I'm trying my best to
> do this inside our happy family ;->

  We will try this BUT staying in kernel 2.2 as we don't have the expertise
to develop the needed 2.4 kernel modules.

  We will try to add ReiserFS support to the kernel allready used in SME
(that is 2.2.19-xxxx) We have some experiences with SUSE machines and just
think Reiser is more than stable enough. All the others are either not
supported in 2.2 or just too new to consider.

  BTW, maybe a talk with the main developer of embedded coyote linux would
help us wih those 2.4 kernel modules.

  Regards.

--
Jaime Nebrera - [EMAIL PROTECTED]