> By the way, where's the list of frequencies for automatic stations
> published? Who approved these "allocations"?
>
>    73,
>
>       Dave, AA6YQ

Approved? Do you really want the Government to hold your hand ALL your
life? Do you trust them THAT much?

I found the Winlink stations and their operating frequencies on their
website. I don't recall the URL. I do know there is a Pactor station
in VK on 7038. I know that it is there at random times of the day. I
would be a mug to operate there and not expect it to flash up at any
time.

It has been there for years and is listed in the repeater directory, I
might have been there for two minutes. It would be an act of bloody
mindedness on my part to demand that it wait for me.

Just as the NDXCC CW beacons are known. Half the time I can only hear
the ZL, VK6 and occasionally the JA beacon. Does that mean I can
operate in the time gaps between and expect the beacons to stop until
I'm finished?

Brad VK2QQ