One of the most painful adjustments I see in designers (and myself as well)
is that when you move to a giant company and giant projects... change is
often slow and the impact of your work is smaller. When you get 25 people on
a design decision committee... the outcomes are often aggregate. While this
can be disappointing, it is a mechanism that provides stability (read slow
change).

As important as a decision to work in design or ux as opposed to product  or
some other area is, the decision to work in a large corporation vs a start
up or an agency is critical and should be thought out carefully.

Mark