With respect to "messing it up", the hal and ini file are as they are
directly generated from pncconf.  The source simply does an input and I am
doing that to keep the configuration modular.  I run various configurations
on this machine, and can pick and choose configurations by sourcing
different sub-hal files in the custom hal.