Hi all,
Something seriously changed from 7.1 to 7.2 and I have not had any solution
to my problem.
The install of 7.1 went without a hitch and all was well in the Mandrake
world and I was very pleased with the distribution.  However, trying an
upgrade caused problems, then a complete new install of 7.2 could not be
achieved due to the install system stopping after the detection of hda.  I
have followed all advice from this list and on the Mandrake sight but to no
avail.
I am now running redhat 7.0 which at least installed OK and I have kde2
running well.

I still prefer the Mandrake system and would love to be able to install it
again.  It will install if I remove my promise ultra66 card and hard disks.
- Note - Mandrake 7.1 recognised this card and would allow me to use the
disks.
The redhat 7.0 system did install but didn't recognise the ultra66 card on
installation but I was able to add the two extra hard disks after
installation.  This is not ideal because because my hda disk is slower than
my hde or hdf.
I feel a bit like a traitor at the moment because you guys have taught me
alot via this list and I still think Mandrake is a better distribution!!! -If
only I could get it to load.
--
regards
Paul

This message has been sent using Linux and kmail