On Wednesday 29 January 2003 06:44, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 22:49, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
> > Sorry to bother you, but we were discussing whether there will be a
> > future for MandrakeSoft.
> > After tonight I wonder whether there will be a future for us all and
> > the world as we know it.
> > I listened to the US-Amercan president.
> > I'm not religious, I wish I were. This madman and the options he has
> > scare me to death.
> >
> > wobo

First of all, this is not the right place to discuss this .. but we had many
OT-discussions here, why not these...

> I don't take kindly to my president being called a madman.  Especially
> when he is fighting a *real* madman that has slaughtered over 230,000
> innocent kurds with mustard gas; plus done God knows what else to his
> own people; President Bush was descriptive of some of those things.
> You've got the wrong f*cking madman, pal.  If he's a madman then
> everybody else in the room was also, cause he got well over 9 standing
> ovations that I could count.  He also has had the highest approval
> rating of any president in US history.  He also has my undivided
> attention and support.  So maybe the majority of Americans are madmen
> then?  Or more likely there is something seriously wrong with the German
> side of the equation.  Ah, yeah, given history, I'd say definitely so.

That comment really pisses ME off.

> It pisses me off when other countries that have no ethics or balls to do
> the right thing in defense of innocents criticize my country and my
> president.

WTF ....... You think war is the only way ? You think US-american have the
right for being world-police ? ....

>  Germany's histories regarding innocent life are not exactly
> something to brag about; however I'm not posting rants regarding Hitler
> and the Holocaust and 6 million Jews that were murdered.  Oh yeah, and
> the fact that the US was one of the primary forces that put a stop to
> it.  Madmen, eh?  yeah, I can certainly talk about some madmen; like the
> ones that murder Jews.  However I'm starting to understand why the
> Mandrake lists should minimize political talk; because I am extremely
> pissed right now.  I suggest that this conversation go elsewhere; like
> maybe to my personal inbox, where I will be more than glad to finish
> this dance.

How much have you understood what war means ? How much are you informed what
people here in germany think ? How much are you interested to understand
whats going on in minds here ? I would say THINK BEFORE YOU WRITE !

We really need a different place for discuss this ...

--
Regards
Steffen