On Wednesday 29 January 2003 02:11 am, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:

> Totally different situation. The American president and the congress
> did not want to go to war against Germany because a lot of large US
> companies were tied up with Germany (mostly with the IG Farben
> conglomerate). The Jewish emigrants from Germany brought hard evidence
> about the Nazis. Still the Congress voted not to start war. Only the
> Jewish community forced the president eventually to decide to enter
> the war. So much about history.

Whoah...I'm a little confused here. Aren't you mixing up World Wars? I thought
we dragged our heels (a little) in WW1 but we joined WW2 after a cowardly
attack by the Japanese at Pearl Harbor - and we were already assisting the
Allies in many ways before Pearl Harbor. You'll never make me believe that
this country did not want to enter WW2 after Pearl Harbor!!!

--

                                                                 /\
                                                         Dark< >Lord