On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 13:39 -0500, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 January 2003 02:11 am, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
>
> > Totally different situation. The American president and the congress
> > did not want to go to war against Germany because a lot of large US
> > companies were tied up with Germany (mostly with the IG Farben
> > conglomerate). The Jewish emigrants from Germany brought hard evidence
> > about the Nazis. Still the Congress voted not to start war. Only the
> > Jewish community forced the president eventually to decide to enter
> > the war. So much about history.
>
> Whoah...I'm a little confused here. Aren't you mixing up World Wars? I thought
> we dragged our heels (a little) in WW1 but we joined WW2 after a cowardly
> attack by the Japanese at Pearl Harbor - and we were already assisting the
> Allies in many ways before Pearl Harbor. You'll never make me believe that
> this country did not want to enter WW2 after Pearl Harbor!!!

In case you don't know it yet: Pearl Harbour was attacked by the
Japaneze. They are the slightly smaller men with (mostly) slanted eyes
and live on some islands across the Pacific Ocean to the West of you.

Germans are the average caucasian types living in the middle of
Europe, that is East of you across the Atlantic ocean.

WWII was  - concerning USA - a double war, one to the West with the
Japanese and one in the east against Germany.

I was talking about the war against the Germans which took place in
Europe, the next continent you find if you start from the Eastcoast
over the big water.

Of course USA went to war against the Japanese right after their raid
on Pearl Harbour. Any nation would have. Even those allegedly
cowardice Germans.

But concerning the so called European War the USA were really dragging
their feet for a long time. There were too many US companies
supporting Hitler and his industry (mainly rubber and chemicals). So
the anti-war faction was heavily supported by those lobbyists of the
industry.

Read the documentations and the history books and learn how it really
was. I assure you a very surprising story.

wobo