<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > I think they express hatred towards two individuals.  I
> > > don't buy your move to try to generalize it as against
> > > all women.
> >
> > Right, the "Some of my best friends are women"
> > defense.
>
> WTF? No it isn't.

Of course it is. "I can't be a misogynist, I have
some very close <heh heh> women friends. These two
people I'm hating on are just, you know, hate-able.
The fact that they're women and that I'm using
language to attack them that demeans them on the
basis of their gender is purely incidental."

> > > Both you and Raunchy MAKE Turq's day as far as I can see.
> > > He is obviously enjoying responding to you both in an
> > > intense way.  I think he would be greatly disappointed if
> > > you both stopped posting let alone died in a burst of
> > > feminist flame.
> >
> > Above you acknowledge that Barry's death threats
> > "express hatred towards two individuals."
>
> You still haven't shown any actual death treats Judy.

What you mean to say is that you and I disagree
as to what constitutes a death threat.

You have this theory that somehow words (and the
thoughts that generate them) are entirely
independent of and have no influence over action
and must be evaluated separately.

I don't. I think they're very closely connected.
I also think words can have more than one level
of meaning.

Barry's just a little too sophisticated to make
a death threat that would qualify by your lights.
All he has to do to make it acceptable to you is
to construct a purportedly humorous context for
it.

But it's still a death threat, just with a thick
layer of lipstick.

<snip>
> Now you
> > seem to be saying Barry enjoys hating us and would
> > be disappointed if we were no longer around to be
> > the targets of his hatred and the focus of his
> > violent fantasies.
>
> You guys both enjoy hating each other.  It is obvious.

I would be *delighted* if Barry left FFL and went
somewhere else, never to return. (Note that I don't
feel the need to "humorously" kill him off.) The
few times he's taken a vacation from FFL, the whole
tone of the place was greatly improved while he was
gone. I'm far from the only person he enjoys hating.
That's basically who he is, a hater. That's what he
lives on, what keeps him going, what keeps him from
hating himself.

> > Such a deeply spiritual guy, that Barry. I'm sure
> > he'll appreciate your encomium.
>
> What an excellent word.  Thanks for that, it sent me running to the
> dictionary.
>
> You all are in a hater-love triangle.

Oh? Who's the third person?

  And I enjoy the show. Don't
> you? If you don't, you might want to count the numbers of posts
> that involve him.

Try doing the same for his posts involving
me, Curtis. The vast majority of mine involving
him are responses to his posts dumping on me or
somebody else. Most of his involving me (or
others) are de novo.

Yes, I enjoy trashing him, although it's like
shooting fish in a barrel. But I'd enjoy other
types of conversation a great deal more.

Maybe when the election is over we'll get back
to more edifying discussions, and Barry will
have a harder time finding ways to poison the
well. (You may have noticed that Barry rarely
actually *converses*; he mainly throws stink
bombs.)