On May 21, 2009, at 10:55 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@> wrote:

I'm a hit and run reader and poster on FFL. I don't have
time to read all the posts in most threads, so I often
form impressions based on partial information. I was
talking with a friend last night who used to post
regularly but who these days only lurks. He said that it
was unfair to lump Judy and Raunchy together with regard
to their criticisms of Obama. He opined that Judy had
been much more fair and objective. So I'm sorry I did
that Judy. Maybe I'll end up apologizing to Raunchy too,
but I still get the impression that she couldn't bring
herself to say anything positive about Obama, due to her
emotional commitment to Hillary.

Thank you, Rick.

It occurred to me last night as I was reading Raunchy's
post #219365 that the emotional component is not so
much a matter of Hillary having lost as of *how* she
lost, how incredibly unfairly and viciously she was
treated by Obama's supporters--in the lefty blogs, by
the Democratic Party, by the media, and of course by
the right wingers, not to mention some of the people
on FFL. And it wasn't just Hillary who was treated
this way, it was her supporters as well.

That left deep emotional scars (speaking of Barry's
Cockburn quotes about "tending to cause damage").

Obama himself wasn't the instigator of most of it,
but he did almost nothing to try to stop or mitigate
it and even encouraged it at times. That's awfully
hard to forgive.

Not for sane people.

It's OVER.

Why aren't YOU over it? Hillary certainly is.

No kidding.  Hard to believe that almost
a year after Hillary conceded the nomination,
and over 6 months since Obama soundly
whipped McCain's ass, this insanity still goes
on, complete with ugly names for Obama's
supporters and a mean-spirited set of attacks
on the supporters as well as Obama himself
that seems to veer at times precipitously close
to a personal vendetta, ie an irrational
hatred that is not receptive to any kind
of logical discussion.

Obama has become the new Barry. :)

Sal