> An FFL classic. You've got three people, one after
> another--Barry, Sal, and do.rflex (actually Barry goes
> twice)--indulging in what Josh Marshall of Talking
> Points Memo would characterize as "up-is-downism," a
> near-complete and willful reversal of reality that
> they've convinced themselves to believe in. Not just
> with regard to the post they're commenting on, or my
> posting history here, but with regard to what happened
> out in the real world in the primaries.
>
> Talk about living in a small world in one's head! They
> can't even see far enough to notice what goes on right
> in front of their noses.
>
> It's a sickness that manifested with great virulence
> during the primaries and obviously is still deeply
> embedded in the psyches of Obama supporters.
>
> Is there a cure for it? I don't know, but if we can't
> find some way to treat those who are ill and keep
> them from passing the disease on to future generations,
> we're in very, very deep trouble. At one time it
> appeared to be quarantined among Republicans, but
> clearly it escaped, and it turns out that even lefty
> progressives aren't immune to it.

Conventional wisdom says Obama was elected because he "transcended race."
Hogwash. If it hadn't been for MLK and LBJ and LAWS that forbid discrimination,
and segregation, and many years of government and media effort to improve race
relations, Obama would never have had a chance at the presidency.

If Hillary had had the same protections against discrimination for her sex as
Obama had for his race, without a doubt Hillary would have been treated more
respectfully. No one transcends race or gender without some help from the LAW.

We have become so sensitive as a nation about race that everyone tippy-toed to
protect Obamba's sensibilities during the primary lest they wear the shameful
name of "racist." Obama used it to his advantage on several occasions and
people were often falsely accused of racism if they didn't support Obama.
Deplorable. http://tinyurl.com/2ve8jt

Hillary had no such tippy-toeing around her. It was open season to attack her
and the so called progressive Left and the complicit DNC didn't hold back
firing as many cheap sexist shots as they could.

Here's an interesting tidbit: The United States is the only developed nation
that has not ratified the CEDAW, Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of
Discrimination against Women.

"The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, adopted in 1948, enshrines "the
equal rights of men and women", and addressed both the equality and equity
issues.[49] In 1979 the United Nations General Assembly adopted the Convention
on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW).
Described as an international bill of rights for women, it came into force on 3
September 1981."

Read More: http://tinyurl.com/7tgjg

The Equal Rights for Women Amendment was first proposed in 1923, it is still
not part of the U.S. Constitution.

The ERA has been ratified by 35 of the necessary 38 states.  When three more
states vote yes, the ERA might become the 28th Amendment.

Unratified States

    Alabama
    Arizona
    Arkansas