--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" <dhamiltony2k5@...> wrote:

> Bluscout this is concise and well said.  It is my opinion and experience too.
>  In Fairfield, pursuit of the wider spiritual cultivation is what has been
> much of the history of the last decade or so.
>
> Beyond transcending is what is missed with just TM.  Some people look pretty
> bad in fact for lack of dealing with the fitness of the subtle bodies.  This
> is a lot of what the saints have come around helping people with in their
> spiritual progress.  Bit by bit people are getting it.
>
> More recently John Douglas has been extremely helpful to the inner TM circle
> on and around campus with this.  His darshan and also the processes as
> techniques he teaches are chakra based and have been very effective in a
> secular way that is more generally acceptable around here.  Thus far people
> are not being kicked out of the domes for having seen John Douglas or
> practicing his techniques.  Also, thus far the people organizing for him are
> still in the domes.
>
> And yet the various satsangs all around town attend to this more complete
> growth in their programming.  It's a very spiritual place in practice that
> way around Fairfield in fact. On the ground.
>
> -Dug in FF

Yep it's true, on the ground here in Fairfield there is a lot of this
particular discipline of spirituality going on.  Working with the subtle
systems more directly with intent.  It's a lot of where folks have graduated on
to in their practice.

Look down the list of active satsangs (the FF Directory of Active Spiritual
Practice Groups)  Most all the groups are about this as an adjunct to having
come here as vanilla TM'ers.  There is a reality to it and there is a lot going
on this way in practice and experience.  Eventually science will catch up with
it.  But the weekly cycle of things here is full of subtle system spirituality.
 Saturday at the Divine Mother Church for example was a guided meditation which
was particularly about this aspect of the chakra subtle system, life force and
ensoulment .  It was quite well done in presentation, highly knowledgeable, and
particularly in facilitating the experience.

On Sundays in Fairfield the meditator community's churches, synagogue and
temples are quite busy with it in their different 'transcendental' quietism on
the one hand and esoteric inspired ways on the other.   All the various
'satsangs' are busy with it too, meditating and chanting.   This goes on
through the week.  It's all really quite pervasive now.   A high spiritual
quotient that is quite nice in town.

-Dug in FF

The Directory of Active Spiritual Groups in Fairfield:

For instance:   http://www.divinemotheronline.net/