--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" <dhamiltony2k5@...> wrote:
> [...]

NBD, but e.g. in Finnish and German (jung, English young), and often in
Swedish, Norwegian and Danish,'j' is pronounced like 'y' in English 'yes'. So,
in  Finnish 'laya' would be written like 'laja'. AFAIK, that doesn't mean
anything in Finnish, but the "corresponding" word with frontal vowels (läjä,
"läyä"; 'ä' like 'a' in, say, 'bat') means e.g. 'heap'. Here's a cow's
'läjä'("läyä"):

http://tinyurl.com/5tqp66j

On a tape where Maharishi was speaking about kuNDalinii and stuff,
he IMO pronounced 'laya' almost excactly like 'läjä' in Finnish!
I gather his pronunciation in that case was more like in Hindi than
in Sanskrit...