I'll see your VMWare and raise it with a *free* Sun VirtualBox.  I dropped
all of my VMWare licenses a few months ago and switched over completely to
VirtualBox.

http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Community

Sun's VB is much faster, more flexible, and more full featured for what I
need to do with a VM.

BTW, I also built my last Linux desktop with components all from NewEgg,
about a year ago.  Here's what went into that box:

    1 G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual
Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ -
Retail<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231098>Item
#: N82E16820231098
Memory (Modules, USB) Return
Policy<https://secure.newegg.com/NewMyAccount/InvoiceInfo.aspx?InvoiceNumber=29851808&SONumber=59006965&InvoiceDate=11%2f5%2f2007#warranty122>
$59.99     1 Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD7500AAKS 750GB 7200 RPM SATA
3.0Gb/s Hard Drive -
OEM<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136131>Item
#: N82E16822136131
Limited 30-Day Return
Policy<https://secure.newegg.com/NewMyAccount/InvoiceInfo.aspx?InvoiceNumber=29851808&SONumber=59006965&InvoiceDate=11%2f5%2f2007#warranty88>
*This item is serviced by the Western Digital. Please call 800 832 4778 for
service.*  $179.99     1 Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound -
OEM<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835100007>Item
#: N82E16835100007
Consumable Items Return
Policy<https://secure.newegg.com/NewMyAccount/InvoiceInfo.aspx?InvoiceNumber=29851808&SONumber=59006965&InvoiceDate=11%2f5%2f2007#warranty93>
$5.99     1 AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Windsor 2.6GHz Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core
Processor Model ADA5200CSBOX -
Retail<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103759>Item
#: N82E16819103759
Processors (CPUs) Return
Policy<https://secure.newegg.com/NewMyAccount/InvoiceInfo.aspx?InvoiceNumber=29851808&SONumber=59006965&InvoiceDate=11%2f5%2f2007#warranty92>
*For Retail AMD processor, please call 408 749-3060 for service after first
30 days. For OEM AMD processor, we will service for 30 days only. Please
verify the Processor matches your order Prior To installation. IMPORTANT:
Always pack your CPU well for return. We will refuse your RMA if we received
it as DAMAGED!*  $119.00     1 OKGEAR 6" molex 4pin male to two 15pin SATA
Power Cable Model GC6ATAM2 -
Retail<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812123119>Item
#: N82E16812123119
Standard Return
Policy<https://secure.newegg.com/NewMyAccount/InvoiceInfo.aspx?InvoiceNumber=29851808&SONumber=59006965&InvoiceDate=11%2f5%2f2007#warranty100>
$2.99     1 OKGEAR 24" SATA II Cable Model GC24AUGM12 -
Retail<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812123191>Item
#: N82E16812123191
Standard Return
Policy<https://secure.newegg.com/NewMyAccount/InvoiceInfo.aspx?InvoiceNumber=29851808&SONumber=59006965&InvoiceDate=11%2f5%2f2007#warranty100>
$3.99     1 GIGABYTE GA-M61P-S3 AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 / nForce 430 ATX AMD
Motherboard -
Retail<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128034>Item
#: N82E16813128034
Limited 30-Day Return