Hi Shaun,

I haven't been following this topic too closely, but from what I have
read it sounds like your friends have a bit of an attitude problem.
What I mean by that is some sighted people will compromise with a
blind person and will play a game like Jim Kitchen's  Monopoly even
though it has no graphics just for the experience of playing together.
 Your friend on the other hand seems to have the attitude no graphics,
it sucks, so it is not worth his time which is his problem, and is not
the case with every sighted person out there. I am sure you two could
get into something like Alter Aeon which is text based and if he wants
3d graphics and all that jazz that's just tough titty said the kitty
because you two don't have anything in common, and he isn't your
friend because he does not want to compromise. I have met a few people
like that, and I don't associate with them much on the subject of
games because we don't have anything in common. In short, it takes the
right kind of person to play accessible games with.