I've been waiting for a bout a week for other to chime in, but
it seems that nobody has so I'll repeat my question as of
a week ago: what would be the effective way to change the
status quo around IPMC an make it more board like?

Perhaps we can start from making the release policy actually
make sense along the lines that Ross has outlined. I guess
I can propose a change to the current policies (or to Ross'
point just get it back from the wayback machine :-)).

But seriously, who else thinks the movement towards empowering
PPMCs and making IPMC very much like the board makes sense?

Thanks,
Roman.