On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 7:18 PM, John D. Ament <johndam...@apache.org> wrote:
> I wonder how much of the silence is a notion of "I don't want to be
> accountable if something goes wrong in this podling."

Right, but that same concern could be applied to every single TLP
and yet the board seems to do the right thing with that.

> Having the IPMC safety net means its at least the IPMC's fault if something
> goes wrong.

My point all along has been that this is a false sense of security. In fact,
in my opinion it leads to the very unfortunate side effect of IPMC
feeling in need to justify why it exists by micromanaging podlings.

> Personally, I'd be happy if the PPMCs had more self governance.  But I
> think there are also some key people on the IPMC that should be able to
> lend their skills out to the broader PPMCs in case of need.

Which would be totally fine and gets us back to the point Daniel and I were
discussing: a release compliance team (horrible name, I know) as part of ASF.

Thanks,
Roman.