On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 8:33 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org> wrote:
> ...Which would be totally fine and gets us back to the point Daniel and I were
> discussing: a release compliance team (horrible name, I know) as part of
> ASF....

IMO it's not a team that's needed, just a clear and "modular" release checklist.

By modular I mean something like our maturity model [1] where each
item is atomic and numbered so one could say "this release doesn't
comply with RM-42" and everybody knows what it's about.

And there's no inventing new checklist items unless they are approved
by the PMC who owns the checklist.

IMO the Incubator PMC can very much own this checklist, and I
volunteer to contribute to creating it.

We do have a starting point at
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/release.html but the release
checklist might need more explanations, as footnotes, and its own page
to keep the noise low.

-Bertrand

[1] https://community.apache.org/apache-way/apache-project-maturity-model.html