actually it said kakki, "bla bla" which is how i wrote it...but when it got
quoted it was not as clear so i wanted to be sure it was clear...

anyway...although i do understand your point brenda, & i know many others on
this list agree with you...i think from time to time we do go into
speculating about about joni as a person, not just her music...probably
because her music is so personal...my opinion is that it is all relevant, &
when done respectfully & compassionately (as i believe kakki's post was),
then it can be food for thought...it was for me & spawned several
conversations on the subject that were interesting...but hey, i'm someone
who loves to talk about who songs are about because i think its all part of
her artistry...& many don't like this either

>>I've worked with and known more than a couple of people of Joni's stature
in the
business.  And my experience has been, particularly with someone who is as
smart as
Joni is, that even with friends they know that when they speak they are as
good as
talking to the public most of the time. That their words fall under a
different kind of
scrutiny than someone who is not a pop culture figure or icon.<<<

That's interesting, I'd never thought about it that way. I am sure some
people are this aware of their every word being public. I have to say that
my experience has been quite different. I have to admit I've been told some
things by some pretty well known folks & I KNOW they weren't talking to the
public & I've also noticed these same folks speaking in similar ways to
others too...stuff that was definately not for public consumption...but when
i think about it...these things were usually spoken when these folks were in
pain about something & it just came out in a moment of vulnerability or
maybe trusting someone a bit &  needing to talk. I often have been amazed
that they were that open actually. It's a good thing I can keep a confidence
whether I'm asked to or not...lol.