On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 09:41:44AM +0100, Leon Brocard wrote:
> Paul Makepeace sent the following bits through the ether:
> > The problem is when you have folders with tens of thousands of
> > emails (London.pm is about to hit 20k here)
>
> I've moved my mail from laptop to laptop to new company computer over
> the years and it's dawned on me that I never (that is NEVER) need
> archives which are more than a week or so old.
>
> Agressive deletion is the only way.

True for mailing lists, but other stuff like inboxes, company mail and
system mails (inn reports, bsd daily reports) are damned useful to refer
back to.  I also keep a folder full of bookmarked urls which is very
nice and easy to search through with mutt.

-Dom

--
| Semantico: creators of major online resources          |
|       URL: http://www.semantico.com/                   |