"Dave Cross" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> From: Leon Brocard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 10/2/01 9:41:44 AM
>
> > I've moved my mail from laptop to laptop to new company
> > computer over the years and it's dawned on me that I
> > never (that is NEVER) need archives which are more than a
> > week or so old.
> >
> > Agressive deletion is the only way.
>
> This is _so_ true. And there's nothing more satisfying[1] than
> deleting a couple of thousand emails from a mailbox :)

Or use gnus to integrate your mailing list and news reading.

Gnus (by default) will delete a read email automatically unless you
tag it in order to save it.

Because gnus is written in a high level language (lisp) it is
_extremely_ configurable -- more so than even mutt.  The more recent
versions even have icons (if you like that sort of thing) and will
display images.

It even has internal mail filters so you can throw away procmail and
do everything in one single program (which is also an advanced editing
environment and an excellent IDE for perl).

--
1024/D9C69DF9 steve mynott [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    just once, i wish we would encounter an alien menace that wasn't
immune to bullets -- the brigader, "dr. who"