Hello all,

I don't want to get caught up in the thumb<-->no thumb debate on the
6th course but there is another way out of the fingering dilemna of
Arthur's example from Francesco's Ricercar 27 (it also appears in a
Paladin' Milenesa Pavana m. 12-13 and probably elsewhere).

First I finger (with the 1st finger already on the F#):

2(3)----
--------
3(4)----
2(2)-1(1)
--------
2(2)----

The 2nd finger is a kind of hinge bar that when lifted off the 4th
course, the F# is then exposed. I'll confess I haven't tried the
wrap-around-thumb but it's not a position I feel comfortable in.

Sean