I can only comment on two units:

(1) The R55 (as probably most of you know), *does* have
"Back to back" shuffle play.  I love it!  I never put segues
between songs, so in shuffle everything plays back to
back just like in regular play.

(2) The W1 does *not* have "Back to back" shuffle play,
unfortunately.

"WorldSecure Server <rw.com>" made the following
 annotations on 07/22/99 09:56:28

[INFO] -- Virus Manager:
No Viruses were detected in this message.

This transmission is intended solely for the use of the person(s) or
entity(ies) to which it is addressed and may contain information that
is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable
law. Any review, forwarding, copying or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this transmission or its contents by persons
other than the addressee(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this transmission in error, or are uncertain about its proper
handling, please notify Rogers & Wells LLP immediately (collect at
212-878-8000 or via e-mail at [EMAIL PROTECTED]) and delete the
transmission and any attachments from your mailbox.