When Clay Voris wrote,

V> Personally, I like the "back-to-back" shuffle play better; too bad they
V> don't let you change the way it works in the setup menu.

Simon Mackay responded,

M> What a good idea! Provide an option in the unit's "Setup" menu to allow
M> users to select this kind of behaviour -- "Seamless Shuffle" and values are
M> "On" or "Off".

It's hard to imagine why anyone would turn it off!  Besides, on a deck with
Auto-Space, anyone who wanted silences between tracks in shuffle play could
use Auto-Space to insert them and wouldn't need a way to turn segueing off.

M> If the unit is a CD-MiniDisc combination unit of the kind that JVC makes,
M> the buffer would work on the PCM audio, rather than the raw MiniDisc audio.

Somehow I've always had the impression that the buffers already hold PCM or
S/PDIF, not ATRAC.  That wouldn't make sense, though, because more compressed
audio than uncompressed audio could fit in the same amount of memory.  Thanks
for the impetus to rethink that, Simon.  (Makes me wonder how I got that idea
in the first place; it has to be wrong.)