===============BEGIN QUOTE==================================
 The only thing I can think is that the deck mimics the behavior
of a Sony CD player in shuffle mode; maybe they thought people would be
confused if the CD and MD players acted differently in this regard (???).
Personally, I like the "back-to-back" shuffle play better; too bad they
don't
let you change the way it works in the setup menu.
==============END QUOTE=====================================
What a good idea! Provide an option in the unit's "Setup" menu to allow
users to select this kind of behaviour -- "Seamless Shuffle" and values are
"On" or "Off".

A car CD player could be equipped with "anti-shock" buffering to counter the
skipping and "hiccuping" problem that bedevils some car CD players if the
vehicle is driven over unsealed roads, potholes, railway tracks or cattle
grids. If the unit is a CD-MiniDisc combination unit of the kind that JVC
makes, the buffer would work on the PCM audio, rather than the raw MiniDisc
audio. This also would facilitate the previously-described "back-to-back"
shuffle play that I like using in many MD portables.

With regards,

Simon Mackay