In a message dated 7/20/99 3:04:32 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Do any other MiniDisc players, especially home decks, bookshelf systems,
>  portable recorders and car units keep the lead time between songs down as
>  much as possible during shuffle play.

I can say that the Sony MZ-R50 portable *does* and the MDS-JB920 deck does
*not*.  I thought this was kind of odd and wondered why they'd make them act
differently.  The only thing I can think is that the deck mimics the behavior
of a Sony CD player in shuffle mode; maybe they thought people would be
confused if the CD and MD players acted differently in this regard (???).
Personally, I like the "back-to-back" shuffle play better; too bad they don't
let you change the way it works in the setup menu.

Clay Voris
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"A day without sunshine is like, night"