J. J. Horner writes:
>> I would be willing to donate my time to write and initially test
>> the exercises to the slides that are taught for the days. If a
>> couple people were to donate their time to writing the slides
>> based on an outline produced by Stas and Randal.
>
> So would I.  I'm more than willing to proof read, test, and be a
> guinea pig.

http://prometheus.frii.com/~gnat/mod_perl/ holds the PowerPoint slide
source and the PDF produced from it, of the course I taught at
O'Reilly's University of Perl earlier this year.  I'm happy to have
this become the basis for an open source mod_perl class.  The "course
book" for this is the Eagle book, "Writing Apache Modules in Perl and
C" published by O'Reilly.

There are bugs in some of the code in the class, I know.  I have
revised versions of some of the programs but haven't had time to add
them.  A volunteer who already knows mod_perl and has ability to edit
PowerPoint files would be useful here to do this work.

A full class will need not just slides but:

 * text for the teacher on what should be said for this slide
   (doesn't have to be a transcription, just an idea of how deep to
   go into each bullet point)

 * labs with sample answers

And finally, please note that I'm not Randal.

Nat