On Fri, 4 Dec 2009, Dave Rolsky wrote:

The idea that you couldn't learn the basics of Catalyst and get things running in the same time seems unlikely.

Also, you haven't factored in all the time it's going to take you to add features and fix bugs already present/fixed in an existing tool.

I have no interest in any possible outcome of this discussion, but I have to
throw out a small tangential comment:  as someone who has to support a
Catalyst deployment I'd like to know if anyone here has unrolled the
ridiculously long list of dependencies necessary for Catalyst?!

As a fellow dev I struggle often with trying to achieve the balance between
not reinventing the wheel and not including the wheel that has its own
tractor trailer attached towing a mobile factory.  And as a fellow admin as
well I may have to err towards a framework that provides the core
functionality I need with the least number of moving parts.

Let the guy introduce another framework.  None of the existing frameworks
are void of any sizeable Cons.

        --Arthur Corliss
          Live Free or Die