Jonathan Rockway wrote:
* On Fri, Dec 11 2009, Rene Schickbauer wrote:
OBut i have one critic to add anyway: There is ONE argument in this
discussion that is just stupid: "There are X books on the subject so
this way is better". A "books only" search for "Microsoft Frontpage"
on Amazon.com turned up 3088 results - surely you wont suggest i
prefer Frontpage over Catalyst/Maplat/CGI.pm?

Hmm, I think you missed the point I was trying to make.

Ok. now i do. You're right of course, having literature handy and having a tested, stable source makes quite a lot of difference.

But even if noone or only a few people use Maplat (other than me), i still rather have it open source than not. This way, everyone *can* take the parts they like and include them into their own projects ;-)

LG
Rene