Burak Gürsoy wrote:

I almost always use Komodo if there is a GUI or SCP option available and
fall back to vim otherwise (and if the remote server is behind some damned
corporate firewall)

Same here.

Altough i started waaaay back on C64 ($editor eq "screen"), then used the built-in one of AmigaBasic (yeah, little cavac here started as a BASIC hacker).

One of the editors i was quite fond of back in the days was the QBasic (actually the one that came with QuickBasic). Worked quite well...

Then i learned vi and vim. Vim is still my favourite, altough given how powerfull Komodo is in integrating with the Debugger, i'm using that quite often - but for some batch-edits vim with keymapping is still the way to go.

One "editor" i didn't see mentioned in this discussion is /usr/bin/perl. Quite handy when you have to refactor 100+ files ;-)

LG
Rene