---------------------------------
[36] Betting Starts NOW - Banzai!!
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 9, 2001 by redend:
FREE £10 CASH IF UNITED BEAT SCOUSERS

AND - FREE £10 BET - FASTEST PREMIERSHIP GOAL

AND - ANOTHER FREE £10 BET ON FA CUP

As someone pointed out yesterday our very own Travis Bickle of RED NEWS & IMUSA has a
striking resemblance to the hairless Kung Fu geezer on Channel 4's Banzai. And in the
style of that show let us remind you that "Betting Starts Now" for the Charity Shield
and the new season.

You might have noticed (OK you probably didn't) our new sponsors on the site -
sportingodds. We get a 'back-hander' for every new user who registers with them
through us (which is nice) - and they are offering to give to new punters free bets
and even free cash in some unusual offers for new registrations before the Charity
Shield. So do not be shy, everyone is a winner - or not.

FREE £10 CASH IF UNITED BEAT SCOUSERS

My personal favourite - getting paid a tenner for United beating the Scousers. Anyone
who registers and places a football bet before kick-off on Sunday 12th August will get
a ten quid gift if United beat the Scousers.

AND - FREE £10 BET - FASTEST PREMIERSHIP GOAL
Any new punters who place one bet prior to 1pm, Thursday 16th August will get a free
10 quid bet on which team scores the fastest goal in the first round of Premiership
matches.

AND - ANOTHER FREE £10 BET ON FA CUP
Any new punters who place five bets (totalling at least 20 quid) prior to 1pm,
Thursday 20th December will get a free 10 quid bet on the FA Cup.

PISSING IT UP THE WALL

And don't forget RED NEWS can guarantee that any dosh coming in through sponsorship
deals like this will be wasted on alcohol and loose women (or men). So do not be shy.
Clicking on the banner on (link:http://www.rednews.co.uk) http://www.rednews.co.uk or
following this link below will leave us all quids in.

(link:http://www.sportingodds.co.uk/adserver/scripts/ict.dll?click?rnews0)
http://www.sportingodds.co.uk/adserver/scripts/ict.dll?click?rnews0

---------------------------------
[35] Train trouble at Old Trafford
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 9, 2001 by bar-knee:
The BBC would like to speak to anyone who has experienced problems when trying to
access the train platforms at OT after a game. If you use this service and have a
point to make (i.e. the crush etc), please contact Robert Fielding at the Beeb direct
on 0121 432 9319

---------------------------------
[34] Fucks off
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 9, 2001 by bar-knee:
Benfica have signed defender Argelico Fucks from Brazilian side Palmerias.

The name of the back of his shirt will be his nickname,

'Argel'!

---------------------------------
[33] Breaking news
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 9, 2001 by bar-knee:
Yet to be officially confirmed but apparently United have announced to a few people in
the know that the Burnley game is off next week. We'll let you know as soon as know
for sure.

And already a source tells us that it looks like a tour of Scandanavia next year,
possibly a game in Norway at the very least.

---------------------------------
[32] Greening and Wilson deals completed
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 9, 2001 by bar-knee:
>From Ananova

'Middlesbrough have completed the signing of Manchester United midfielders Jonathan
Greening and Mark Wilson. Boro boss and former United number two Steve McClaren has
landed England Under-21 star Greening for £2million and Wilson for £1.5million. Both
players have signed five-year contracts at the Riverside Stadium.'

---------------------------------
[33] Bolton bid for Fortune
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 9, 2001 by bar-knee:
£2m bid apparently.

---------------------------------
[32] Chadwick in England under-21 side
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 9, 2001 by bar-knee:
Against Holland on Tuesday

Full squad - Kirkland (Coventry), Barry (Aston Villa), Johnson
(Derby), Upson (Arsenal), Davis (Fulham), Dunn (Blackburn), Greening
(Middlesbrough ?), Young (Charlton), Bridge (Southampton), Vassell
(Aston Villa), Weaver (Manchester City), Chadwick (Manchester
United), Jeffers (Arsenal), King (Tottenham), Pennant (Arsenal), Cole
(West Ham), Terry (Chelsea), Parker (Charlton), Wright (Liverpool),
Prutton (Nottingham Forest), Bramble (Ipswich), Ameobi (Newcastle),
Riggott (Derby), Defoe (West Ham), Wilson (Middlesbrough ?), Christie
(Derby), Taylor (Arsenal).

The press release had Wilson and Greening down as Utd players but their deals are as
good as done?

---------------------------------
[31] Scouser on Ruud
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 9, 2001 by bar-knee:
Sami Hyypia:

"He's a quality striker, he's got every quality  that a good striker can have, a good
head, two good feet and he's  fast and strong.

It's hard to compare the two sides. We beat them twice  last season so why can't we
beat them this season? They might be stronger, but we showed we could beat them, so
we'll  see. Sometimes it's an advantage that you know each better and we  (Liverpool)
have been together now for over a year, so it might be a  little advantage for us. You
can go and spend the money and if you look at Manchester United  they have spent some
money and bought some quality players but it is  always a question of how they adapt
and how they gel with the rest of  the team. We don't have that problem because we
have almost the same side.
I think it's going to be an interesting game and we take every game seriously that we
play and we try to win every game."

---------------------------------
[30] Charlie on the move
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 9, 2001 by bar-knee:
Ince to Everton the latest rumour.

---------------------------------
[29] From the official site
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 9, 2001 by bar-knee:
'United have announced that Brian McClair's Reserves will play a pre-season friendly
against Linfield at Windsor Park on Tuesday 21 August, kick off 7.30pm.'

'United's Under-19s, captained by defender Alan Tate, drew 0-0 with Portsmouth in a
pre-season friendly at Carrington on Wednesday afternoon. The visitors wore black
armbands as a mark of respect for the club's senior goalkeeper Aaron Flahavan, who
died in a car crash last weekend.'

'There are still tickets available for United's pre-season friendly against Burnley on
Tuesday 14 August, kick off 7.45pm. Spots to watch a Select United XI in Turf Moor's
Cricket Field end are priced at £10 for adults and £5 for under 16s/over 65s. They are
available from the Old Trafford ticket office, as well as on the gate next Tuesday.'

---------------------------------
[28] United based ad
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 9, 2001 by bar-knee:
The new Barclaycard Premier League commercials  start this weekend but
here's a preview:

One includes Angus Deayton at a  restaurant where he is given the bill. "This is a bit
steep for a prawn  sandwich," he says - the camera pans back  and there is a scowling
Roy Keane  behind him!

Another features Fergie on the phone  to Barclaycard. "What do you mean  overdrawn?
How much have I spent? £50 million?  I want another 10!"

---------------------------------
[27] Old bill do double take over Campbell threats
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 9, 2001 by bar-knee:
Scotland Yard spokesman:

"As of now we are still checking the claims but we have no knowledge of any
investigation. Senior officers are double-checking but we have actually yet to find
anyone in connection with this."

---------------------------------
[26] Police look into Sol Campbell death threats
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 9, 2001 by bar-knee:
A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said: "We are just looking into it at the moment."

---------------------------------
[25] Cardiff travel grief latest
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 9, 2001 by bar-knee:
>From MEN

'UNITED fans being urged to take the train to Sunday's Charity Shield can book seats
for their journey to Cardiff - but not the return. The Wales and West train operator
is putting on two extra trains on Sunday morning, which will get 1,300 fans to Cardiff
in time for the game against Liverpool.

Bookings are essential, but the company will not take reservations for the return. It
has left fans scratching their heads after Cardiff council issued  a plea to
supporters not to travel by car.

Nick Clay, vice chairman of the Independent Manchester United  Supporters Association
described the train company's decision as ''bizarre.''

But a Wales and West spokesman said: ''Places on trains from Cardiff after the match
are on a strict first-come, first-served basis and the number of customers per train
is limited.''

Earlier, Cardiff's deputy mayor Coun Christine Priday, said: ''Car parking in the city
is limited and there is a need to minimise traffic congestion over the weekend.  So we
are encouraging people to use public transport wherever  possible.''

United cars and coaches are being told to stay on the M5 until the M4
over the Severn Bridge and enter the city from the east. To keep the
two sets of fans apart, Liverpool traffic will leave the M5 at the
M50 and enter from the north.'

---------------------------------
[24] Just days to go
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 9, 2001 by bar-knee:
To join the Red News fantasy football league and pitch your wits against some of the
RN team and its readers.

For those of you interested in joining the Football Fantasy League for this coming
season, a Red News League is now available at www.cyki.com.

And free too!

Once you have entered your team, simply click on My Leagues and in the Join box, type
the following (might be easier to cut and paste).

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

---------------------------------
[23] Phil Neville on last night
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, August 9, 2001 by bar-knee:
"It was great to see a full house at Gigg Lane. I have been watching
Bury for a long time now and I think it is the first time I have
probably seen a full house. Hopefully it raised a lot of money to help Bury survive.
That was  the main reason the game went ahead.

I enjoyed the goal. Playing here was good for me. It is my hometown club; my family
work here at Gigg Lane and it was the first time I
have played for United here against Bury.  To score more made it even better. I saw a
lot of faces in the  crowd who I have known for a long time and it was a nice moment
to hit a goal."

---------------------------------
[22] New Dwight Yorke song
Posted Thursday, August 9, 2001 by bar-knee:
>From the maestro Sicky Burp

'While I'm in composing mode....

Not sure if this is from somebody else's version, but let's face, all contemporary
music is nicked from the classics of the past.

To the tune of "Daylight come" and that old Trio biscuit advert...

Dwight Yorke, Dwiiiiight Yorke
He want's a threesome and he wants one now!