---------------------------------
[26] Bosnich Not implying anything
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2001 by tb:
Not much he aint

'You would have to ask my old manager about it,' said Bosnich, who has also had to
deal with a marriage break-up. His word in football is taken as law. It's not for me
to imply anything. I am just giving my side of the story. If everybody who heard the
stories could sit down with me, they would understand the environment I was put in.

---------------------------------
[25] Perhaps we've been too harsh on Ranieri!!
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2001 by tb:
Bloater Bosnich on his Rent Boys signing

'When I signed, he told me right away that my ability as a goalkeeper was not in
question, But he also said that, because of what happened at United, he was not sure
about me as a man'.

'He admitted that 18 months previously he would have signed me without even meeting
me, but not any more.'

---------------------------------
[24] Mickey says we're not so fine at the moment
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2001 by tb:
'We've suffered because we have not yet properly sorted out our system. Van Nistelrooy
is still too isolated up front while Veron and Paul Scholes are having difficulty
adapting to their new roles as second attackers.

'Our game isn't as fluid as it was last year and the fact we stole three points in the
last minute against Lille at Old Trafford on Wednesday was a relief. The Champions
League is our principal objective this season and, if we had started by losing at home
against Lille, it would have been a disaster.

'We're not very sure of our game. It's perhaps the fault of our preparation in that we
haven't played any top teams yet. Our first big challenge was Liverpool in the Charity
Shield.

'We've got a lot more work to do and adjustments to make before we hit the heights we
reached last season. We've conceded too many goals and made silly defensive errors.'

---------------------------------
[23] Euro Home games tickets
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2001 by tb:
Still know people who moan about not being able to get tickets?

Deportivo La Coruna (Home)
Wednesday 17 October, 7.45pm

Season Ticket & LMTB Holders

ST/LMTB Holders who wish to purchase other than their usual seat can do so on Monday
24 September from 9am until 5pm on production of voucher 42 and their membership card.

Alternatively ST/LMTB Holders unable to make a personal application can also purchase
a seat by telephoning the MUFC Ticket line on 0161 868 8010 at the same time, giving
their credit/debit card details (please note an administration fee of 3% per
transaction is charged).

Members

Sales will then continue to Members, who can purchase a seat on a best
available basis from the Ticket Office only from Tuesday 25 September to Friday 28
September from 9am until 5pm (subject to availability) on
production of their membership card. Additionally Members can make an
online application.

Usual league match prices apply. Please note the Junior Ticket Scheme will be in
operation for this game.

General Public

The general public can purchase a ticket on a best available basis on
Monday 1 October and weekdays from 9am until 5pm (subject to availability) or
alternatively by telephoning the MUFC Ticket line on 0161 868 8010 at the same times,
giving their credit/debit card details (please note an administration fee of 3% per
transaction is charged).

Supporters unable to apply in person are requested to make an IMMEDIATE
postal application enclosing relevant documentation (if applicable),
payment and sae.

Olympiakos (Home)
Tuesday 23 October, kick off 7.45pm

Season Ticket & LMTB Holders

ST/LMTB Holders, who wish to purchase other than their usual seat can do so on Monday
24 September from 9am until 5pm on production of voucher 43 and their membership card.

Alternatively ST/LMTB Holders unable to make a personal application can also purchase
a seat by telephoning the MUFC Ticket line on 0161 868 8010 at the same time, giving
their credit/debit card details (please note an administration fee of 3% per
transaction is charged).

Members

Sales will then continue to Members, who can purchase a seat on a best
available basis from the Ticket Office only from Tuesday 25 September to Friday 28
September from 9am until 5pm (subject to availability) on
production of their membership card. Additionally Members can make an
online application.

Usual league match prices apply. Please note the Junior Ticket Scheme will be in
operation for this game.

General Sale

The general public can purchase a ticket on a best available basis on
Monday 1 October and weekdays from 9am until 5pm (subject to availability) or
alternatively by telephoning the MUFC Ticket line on 0161 868 8010 at the same times,
giving their credit/debit card details (please note an administration fee of 3% per
transaction is charged).

Supporters unable to apply in person are requested to make an IMMEDIATE postal
application enclosing relevant documentation (if applicable), payment and sae.

---------------------------------
[22] Mickeys applications due
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2001 by tb:
Liverpool (Away)
Anfield, Sunday 4 November, 11.30am

Please note, the following away game requires season ticket holders to
forward match vouchers from last season and this season in accordance with the
following information...

We have received an allocation of 3,000 tickets, the majority of which are priced at
£27.00 adults and £13.00 under 16s/over 65s and a small number priced at £26.00 adults
£13.00 under 16s/over 65s and £24.00 adults £12.00 under 16s/over 65s.

Postal applications only are now being accepted from Season Ticket Holders enclosing
voucher 26 (duly completed), letter of application, relevant payment, sae and the
following 8 match vouchers properly affixed to last seasons official voucher sheet
(2000/2001): 31 (RSC Anderlecht) 32 (PSV Eindhoven) 33 (Dynamo Kiev) 34
(Panathinaikos) 35 (Valencia) 36 (Sturm Graz) 37 (West Ham United) 38 (Bayern Munich)
AND voucher 31 (Lille OSC) properly affixed to this season's voucher sheet (2001/2002).

Please note, all voucher sheets submitted from last season (00/01) will be retained in
the ticket office unless otherwise stated in their letter of aplication.

Private Box/Exec Suite and Club Class Members can also apply in the usual manner
quoting their facilities held.

All applications need to be received in the Ticket Office no later than 5pm on Friday
28 September. As we anticipate being heavily oversubscribed a postal ballot will be
held to determine the successful applicants.

---------------------------------
[21] Fancy a punt on another 9-0?
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2001 by tb:
And bet on it free at the same time?

Then click on the banner ad below for Sporting Odds and sign up.

Latest odds:

Manchester United  2/7

Ipswich Town       15/2

Draw                7/2

Correct score - us to win:

1-0   7/1
2-0   7/1
2-1   8/1
3-0   7/1
3-1   9/1
3-2   28/1
4-0   10/1
4-1   12/1
4-2   50/1

---------------------------------
[20] Viv - No exodus
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2001 by tb:
"I don't think you'll see loads of players leaving when Sir Alex goes," he said. "You
ask any of the players what the best club in the world is, and they'll say United.

"Why would they want to go anywhere else while they're winning trophies and competing
at the highest level against the best."

---------------------------------
[19] Viv:  Fergie got me back after I left
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2001 by tb:
"I left to join Sheffield Wednesday, but Alex asked me to come back and help him out
on European nights, because I'd been there before and could give the younger players
an insight into what to expect.

"Playing in Europe is so different from playing in the league, and I just gave some of
the younger players a few pointers and advice on what to expect. "I still speak to
Alex from time to time. When I was at Middlesbrough, we were in contact quite a lot
over deals. I still live in Manchester and see him whenever I go to United games."

---------------------------------
[18] Viv on the youth of today
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2001 by tb:
"Good luck to them, that's what I say," he said.

"But I wouldn't want to lead their kind of lifestyle. The game has changed so much
since I was playing. Players these days are like pop stars. They can't go anywhere
without being recognised or mobbed.

"When we were in our heyday, at least we could go about our daily business without too
much fuss. Now, everyone wants to know what they're wearing, what car they're driving
and who they're seen out with.

"The financial rewards for today's players are fantastic, but I'm not one of those
bitter-and-twisted types. To be honest, I wouldn't swap my career for the lifestyle of
David Beckham or Ryan Giggs.

"Some ex-players get a bit jealous. Of course, we'd all like to be earning
£30,000-a-week, but we had our time and you can't look back. I'm happy with my lot.

"I was very fortunate. I won two European Cups, as well as the league title. I was
paid well for my day."

---------------------------------
[17] Viv - patience is required
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2001 by tb:
"It takes a certain type of character to succeed at United, and I'm sure Blanc will
prove his worth. You only have to look at his record - a World Cup and European
Championship winner, to see he is a class act.

"People forget he's playing with new faces, and you don't develop an understanding
overnight. That comes with time. It's something that needs to be developed.

"Sir Alex rarely makes mistakes in the transfer market. Look at the players he's
brought in down the years: Paul Ince, Eric Cantona and Peter Schmeichel, right through
to Ruud van Nistelrooy and Juan Sebastian Veron. That's not a bad track record, is
it?"

Didn't mention yourself Viv?

---------------------------------
[16] Viv Anderson on Blanc, Stam
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2001 by tb:
"Laurent Blanc has come in for a lot of criticism, which I think is unfair," said
Anderson. "It's very difficult for a player to come into a side like Manchester United
and do well straight away.

"Look at Jaap Stam. People were questioning him after his first few games, and it took
a while for him to settle in. But no-one could dispute what a fine player he turned
out to be for United.

"Blanc needs time. You can't judge him after just three games. Playing in the
Premiership is totally different from playing in Europe. The time to judge him is
after 10 or 12 games, when he's had time to adjust to the different pace and style of
the English game.

---------------------------------
[15] Burley grateful for Nine
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2001 by tb:
"I can always remember Alex after the 9-0 victory," recalled Burley. "He put his arm
around me and he wished me all the best. I thanked him for keeping it down to nine!"

---------------------------------
[14] Burley on Fergie
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2001 by tb:
"He's always been very supportive. I think all managers look up to him for being one
of the best managers of all time.

"He was very pleased for me last season. He said I deserved to win the award because
of our style of play and the way we had performed. Alex said it was an absolutely
fantastic achievement."

---------------------------------
[13] Fergie prefers to have no stains
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2001 by tb:
"We're just looking for consistency at the moment," he said.

"It was good to keep a clean sheet against Lille but I wouldn't call it a morale
booster.

"There's no problem with morale, but we know how important it is to keep clean
sheets."

---------------------------------
[12] Andrew on bench warming
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2001 by tb:
"You're always going to be disappointed when you're not playing.

"If you are happy to sit on the bench, then that's the wrong attitude to have."

---------------------------------
[11] Fergie: It's hard to choose
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2001 by tb:
"It's hard looking around the training ground knowing I have to leave some players
out," said Ferguson. "Pride dictates that all the players want to play, which is what
every manager wants. But the strikers here will get games throughout the season. There
are so many games to play that they'll all play a part.

"Ole Solskjaer came on against Lille in the Champions League in midweek and played
fantastically. He had three strikes in the first five minutes.

"He would walk into almost any side in the Premiership and it's tough to leave players
out when they're on form like that."

---------------------------------
[10] Fergies till reciept from his shopping trip
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2001 by tb:
All Fergies signings since being in charge (according to the Mirror anyway).

Any anorak types beg to differ?

Please inform us via the forum

JULY 1987: Viv Anderson (Arsenal) £250,000; Brian McClair (Celtic) £850,000; Steve
Bruce (Norwich) £800,000

JUNE 1988: Paul Dalton (Brandon U) £35,000; Jim Leighton (Aberdeen) £750,000; Lee
Sharpe (Torquay) £185,000

JULY 1988: Mark Hughes (Barcelona) £1.8m

OCT 1988: Mal Donaghy (Luton) £650,000

NOV 1988: Ralph Milne (Bristol C) £170,000; Giuliano Maiorana (Histon) £30,000

JULY 1989: Mark Bosnich (Sydney Croatia) Free, Mike Phelan (Norwich) £750,000, Neil
Webb (Notts Forest) £1.5m

AUG 1989: Gary Pallister (Middlesbrough) £2.3m

SEP 1989: Brian Carey (Cork C) £100,000; Paul Ince (West Ham) £1m; Danny Wallace
(Southampton) £1.2m; Andy Rammell (Atherstone U) £40,000

JUNE 1990: Neil Whitworth (Wigan) £45,000, Les Sealey (Luton) Free, Denis Irwin
(Oldham) £625,000

MAR 1991: Andrei Kanchelskis (Shakhtar Donetsk) £650,000

AUG 1991: Paul Parker (QPR) £2m; Peter Schmeichel (Brondby) £550,000

AUG 1992: Pat McGibbon (Portadown) £100,000; Dion Dublin (Cambridge U) £1m

NOV 1992: Eric Cantona (Leeds) £1.2m

JAN 1993: Les Sealey (Aston Villa) Free

JUL 1993: Roy Keane (Notts Forest) £3.75m

JUL 1994: David May (Blackburn) £1.4m; Graeme Tomlinson (Bradford) £100,000

JAN 1995: Andy Cole (Newcastle) £6m

SEP 1995: Nick Culkin (York) £250,000

JAN 1996: Tony Coton (Man C) £500,000

JUL 1996: Rai van der Gouw (Vitesse Arnhem) Free; Ronny Johnsen (Besiktas) £1.2m; Ole
Gunnar Solskjaer (Molde) £1.5m; Karel Poborksy (Slavia Prague) £3.5m; Jordi Cruyff
(Barcelona) £1.4m

MAR 1997: Jonathan Greening (York) £1m

JUN 1997: Teddy Sheringham (Tottenham) £3.5m; Erik Nevland (Viking Stavanger)
undisclosed

SEP 1997: Henning Berg (Blackburn) £5m

JUL 1998: Jesper Blomqvist (Parma) £4.4m;Jaap Stam (PSV Eindhoven) £10.75m

AUG 1998: Dwight Yorke (Aston Villa) £12.6m;

FEB 1999: Bojan Djordic (Bromma Pojkama) £1m

JUN 1999: Mark Bosnich (Aston Villa) Free

AUG 1999: Quinton Fortune (Atletico Madrid) £1.5m; Massimo Taibi (Venezia) £4.5m

SEP 1999: Mickael Silvestre (Inter Milan) £4m

JUN 2000: Fabien Barthez (Monaco) £7.8m; James Jowsey (Scarborough) £200,000; Daniel
Nardiello (Wolves) Undisclosed

JUL 2000: Julian Viale (Lyon) Free

MAR 2001: Andy Goram (Motherwell) £100,000

JUL 2001: Ruud van Nistelrooy (PSV Eindhoven) £19m; Juan Sebastian Veron (Lazio)
£28.1m; Roy Carroll (Wigan) £2.5m

AUG 2001: Laurent Blanc (Inter Milan) Free

TOTAL: £144,130,000

---------------------------------
[9] Fergie on the 9-0
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2001 by tb:
"We had the 9-0 a few years back, I think it was George's first year and he felt
that”.

"We won't see another of them, that's for sure,".

"But they had a great season last year. They've not been as successful so far this
period, but the second season is always a bit more difficult in the Premiership. But
the fact that they're in Europe now tells you everything about last season - it was
tremendous for them."

---------------------------------
[8] Fergie on Burley
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2001 by tb:
There's a pedigree at the club, and George is aware of that,".

"He was a player there at their peak in 1981, so he's familiar with their background.

"He's done very well, the great thing is that he's had a bit of time. They went back
into the First Division after a time in the top division and failed three times to get
back up through the play-offs, but eventually made it.

"That gave the club a bit of substance, and a lot of that is to do with George,".

---------------------------------
[7] Is that a pop I hear
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2001 by tb:
>From Gavin Wallacy in F365

‘TV audiences understandably peaked in 1999 when Manchester United won the
European Cup, reaching almost 20m - the biggest audience in any European country for
live European club matches. Figures have decreased rapidly since then.’

Err, come to see Utd.

An interesting article on the rapidly falling attendances and tv audiences for the
European Champions League

---------------------------------
[6] Scholesy – Sabre better than Eric
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2001 by tb:
Blimey!

"I think Juan is better than Eric, to be honest. In terms of his all-round game, I
think that he'll go on and do more than Eric has done. I'm not sure if he'll have more
of an influence on the team, but he's just a better player.

"Don't get me wrong, Eric was amazing, but I just think that Juan's got a bit more.
He's involved in the game all the time - he can create goals and score goals. He can
just do anything,"

---------------------------------
[5] Oh dear, oh dear
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2001 by tb:
As The Messiah and Twatio have a bust up

Difficult to know which gives the greater satisfaction. The knowledge that the wheels
have come so far off they’ll never find any new ones (even in Moss Dive), or
that Twatio is finally getting what’s due.

---------------------------------
[4] Becks on life in the goldfish bowl
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2001 by tb:
"There's not a day that there's not something in the news about us.

"It is hard, but that's why we are a strong family, the three of us, and we've got
strong family around us. It's easy to get away from things with them."

---------------------------------
[3] And her own
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2001 by tb:
"I think (people) think I'm a miserable cow in high heels and I just go down Bond
Street all the time.

"I'm a normal girl, I'm a working mum, working very hard and trying to raise a family
at the same time."

Can’t see her having to busk outside Oxford St tube though

---------------------------------
[2] Does she do it deliberately?
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2001 by tb:
>From the Parky interview, to be shown tonight

Posh on David’s public persona

She said: "I think he does have now, but he didn't a few years ago. Sometimes you do
get down and think 'why don't people understand me, why are they saying this and that?'

"What better person to look at than my own husband to see how somebody can turn that
all around? I call him Golden Balls now."

"That's one of those things I shouldn't have said."

You don’t say!

---------------------------------
[1] New Red News - OUT TODAY!
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2001 by bar-knee:
Issue 80 is a new Red News on sale on today - just £1.50 - and on sale before the game
outside Old Trafford.

Included in Red News 80 and unique to the fanzine (which you'll miss if you only check
the website and don't buy the mag)...

The Red News take on the Jaap Stam departure with new details

Jaap Stam's ghost writer exclusive interviewed with his opinions on the book, his
departure and what Jaap feels now. Why did Jaap write the book at this point in his
career, does he believe it was 'footballing reasons', what part of the book was
changed...well, you'll only find out if you buy Red News!

William Prunier interview - our two game legend - revealed. Find out his thoughts on
Utd, his two games, Blanc and Eric and what he's been up to since.

Coruna - an indepth look at the place, the team and all manner of insights from our
very own Basque Dave

Gossip - we know it is many people's favourite part of the fanzine so we have our
biggest ever gossip column for this issue - 8 pages. A lot of gossip including...well,
you'll just have to wait and see. Exclusive just to the fanzine.

A look at the lack of real quality video coverage of Utd games from the 50s - and why
that is. Terry Lewis, Red and MP tells us about a Utd-Burney game from the 50s

A review of the Athens trip

A tribute to Les Sealey

and much more.

Red News, not just United's first fanzine and the one with the most pages but out on
TODAY!