John,

I don't think I have any significant disagreement with much of what you've
had to say concerning Peirce's commitment to the external element in
experience. I am curious though as to whether you believe you experience
external minds, and if so, whether you would count them as physical? I feel
as though asking this question might be somehow perceived as obnoxious, but
I confess that I have a sincere desire to understand how you think about
it; since what you've had to say seems to imply, so far as I can tell, that
you would probably admit that you experience external minds (like my mind),
but that you also have to admit that you think of the experience of my mind
as of something physical, not mental (i.e., not referring to illusions,
dreams, etc.), since it is something external to you. Have I ascertained
your point of view rightly on this, or am I guilty of warping your meaning
in some unfortunate way?

-- Franklin