Edwina, List:

I suppose we can say that a Type depends on its Tokens for its *existence*,
but certainly not for its *Reality*, because the mode of Being of a Type is
not reaction (2ns) but mediation (3ns).  Consequently, I still think we
should avoid saying that a Type "interacts" with its Tokens, because this
implies that the Type exists *apart from* its Tokens, such that it can *react
with* them.  As the quote below from Peirce states, a Type "does not exist
but *governs* existents" (CP 8.313; 1905, emphasis added); the Sign's
unchanging *ideal* Final Interpretant logically/semiotically determines
(constrains) its various *actual* Dynamic Interpretants, not the other way
around.