He got up and quietly left the room, going downstairs to get that promised
something for Alex.

She would at least eat a cookie, he thought, knowing she needed an ear more
than a meal right now.

And milk.  "Cannae have a cookie w'thou' th' milk." he told himself as he
poured a glass and headed back upstairs.

He reached Derek's room then, knowing she would be there and tapped on the
door before peeking in.

"Time fer young ladies te be in there room."  He teased lightly, motioning
for her to follow.  He handed her the cookie and the glass of milk when she
exited and put his arm around her shoulders as he led her to her room.

"It's been a while since I've bugg'd ye too." he added with a half grin as
they reached her room and opened her door "My ear's fallen asleep wi' no one
te talk it off at the parrish.  Ye'll hav' te revive it."

The barest ghost of a smile crossed Alex's face.  She had been very
reluctant to leave Derek and would have gladly sat there all night, but she
didnt' want to disturb his sleep by arguing with Philip, besides that had to
be bad Karma.  "I thought that's what confession was for," she said.  "I
guess I could use someone to talk to though."

She sat down on the edge of her bed and motioned for him to sit too.  Then
she put down the glass of milk after taking a sip and rubbed her eyes.  "I
don't even know where to start though.  Did you know Kat thought Derek had
died?  She told me in the car on the way to the hospital.  And it came close
to that Philip.  I can't imagine living here and keeping things going
without him around and for a while there I was scared todeath he was going
to die too."

Alex

Reply via email to