> Philip reached out and gently took her hands in his own, his gaze
> understanding "Makes you wonder how Nick made it through, doesn't it?
Alex,
> he didn't die.  You have to focus on that.  He's here with us and too..."
he
> paused like he had and even gave the same dry, humorous small ghost of a
> grin he had then "stubborn to let that happen."
>
> He hesitated and then asked quietly "Does he know.... how you feel about
> him?"
>
Alex couldn't help but smile when he made the comment about Derek's
stubbornness.  "He is that isn't he."  Sometimes far too stubborn, she
thought to herself.  The kind of stubborn that could cause problems iwth
other people on occassion.  There had been many times that she'd just wished
he'd chill a little, it would have been better for everyone including him.

She stared at Philip in surprise when he mentioned her feelings for Derek.
"I....I didn't realize it was that obvious," she admitted wondering if it
was why hadn't Derek noticed in all this time.  "No, I haven't.  I wouldn't
know how without humiliating myself and him."

Alex

Reply via email to